Friday, February 26, 2010

Living proof that determination rewards you with success



I remember hearing from adults and coaches growing up that no matter what, if you really want to achieve something in life, you can do it. So after busting my balls for five years at Northeastern and only having 15 meaningless innings on the mound to show for it, I got a little pissed at all of those people for lying to me for so many years. Complete BS.

Then this morning I came across this video of some dickbag trying to skate off his roof and land on the pavement below. The first attempt ended badly, but he at least landed on the skateboard and got up again, and so I said, "You know, you have to admire the balls on this kid." Then he tried a second time, and when he left the skateboard on the roof and faceplanted on the ground, I wasn't even thinking about whether he could end up pulling this off; I thought he was dead. But maybe all those people were right, and I'm just some no talent ass clown, because after about 10 failed attempts, this idiot actually landed the jump. And starting Sunday at the batting cages, I'll begin my road back to the big leagues with a 30 pitch bullpen and a few rounds of BP.

-Bess

No comments: