Tuesday, May 14, 2013

NBA All-Rookie Teams

The NBA Awards and Honors continue to come out.  Today the All-Rookie Teams were announced.  No huge surprises here.

ALL-ROOKIE 1st TEAM:

Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards
Anthony Davis, New Orleans Hornets
Dion Waiters, Cleveland Cavaliers
Harrison Barnes, Golden State Warriors

ALL-ROOKIE 2nd Team:

Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons
Jonas Valanciunas, Toronto Raptors
Michael Kidd-Gilcrest, Charlotte Bobcats
Kyle Singler, Detroit Pistons
Tyler Zeller, Cleveland Cavaliers

No big snubs here.  I liked Alexey Shved of the T-Wolves and Moe Harkless from the Magic, but this is a solid 10.  Lillard was the only unanimous 1st team pick, also was the Rookie of the Year. 

In the preseason I gave you Lillard, Beal, Davis, and Barnes.  I was way off on Perry Jones III and Kendall Marshall.  I liked Jared Sullinger, and he was solid before getting hurt. 

I'll pat myself on the back for saying Austin Rivers and Fab Melo would be bad.  Good for me. 

Looking forward to next month's NBA Draft, I'll have a lot more on it in the coming weeks.

No comments: