Friday, February 20, 2009

Keefe's Oscar Picks

This Sunday marks the 81st annual Academy Awards. Being the huge movie fan that I am, I will share with you my picks for the most prestigious awards in Hollywood.

Best Picture: The Dark Knight
(What? This movie wasn't nominated? Forget it.)


Best Actor: Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler)

Best Actress: Liv Tyler (The Strangers)
(This movie was scary! Well kind of, could have been better. She's in the mix right?)

Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)


Best Supporting Actress: Rosie Perez (The Pineapple Express)
(Great film, great acting. She wasn't nominated either? Nevermind.)
Best Director: Jon Favreau (Iron Man)

Ok, I'm going to stop. I've seen The Dark Knight and The Wrestler, that's it. Nothing else gets nominated. Where's Iron Man, The Pineapple Express, Strange Wilderness, Incredible Hulk, The Strangers, and so many other fantastic cinematic treasures? The last 3 years I successfully picked, Crash, The Departed, and No Country for Old Men. This year? Who knows, everyone says Slumdog, so I'm rooting for the field.
Enjoy it. And let me know if you've seen any of the films up for best picture.
-Keefe

No comments: