Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chick gets put to sleep in street fight

Ask any of my buddies and they'll tell you, I love me a good street fight video. Back when I first discovered the wonders of YouTube, I used to sit there and search terms like, "brutal street fight KO"; "bloody KO"; "god awful knockout". Most of these fights ended violently via (T)KO. Some guy beaten badly to the point where he is either flatlined or his buddies have to step in and call a halt to the action.

But with the recent explosion of MMA, particularly UFC, a new era has dawned in the priceless world of street fighting: the use of submissions. I've yet to see someone pull guard and entice a tap out via toe lock, but based on the video below, we may not be far off:



This begs the question: If you're in a street fight and either submitting or being submitted, do you respect your opponent's request to tap out, or do you tap out if you feel yourself going to sleep or your knee about to explode? What would you do, on either side of the fence?

Thanks to Ian B. for the tip on this video.

-Besse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site sportsbrief.blogspot.com
Is this possible?