Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Rock Is Back!


So after I went to the Royal Rumble a few weeks back I half-jokingly said I was going to start watching wrestling again. Two nights ago I was flipping through the channels around 10:45pm EST and I stopped on Monday Night Raw. Let's see what they're up to, I said.

"We will finally reveal the Wrestlemania host, next...." I didn't realize that the Wrestlemania required a host, but you never know. Before they got to commercial they showed a woman getting out of a limo, just her feet. Ok, maybe it's Stephanie McMahon, Trish Stratus, Sable, whatever I'll wait and see who it is.

It seemed like 5 minutes went by of just lights dim to lights off in the arena. And just before everyone was about to freak out we heard it.... "If Ya Smellllll... What The Rock... Is Cookin!!!" Yes sir, it was The Rock, he was back.

The People's Champ received an unreal ovation. By the time he got to speak I thought he would have like 2 minutes, but he bumped the Raw end time of 11:05 to 11:18. Not only is The Rock the Wrestlemania host, but he is straight up back.

He called out The Miz and John Cena, spending some time ripping on the latter. I'll tell you what... if The Rock is back, so am I. See you at Wrestlemania!

-Keefe

1 comment:

Brian Sharkey said...

It's about time someone cleaned up the jabroni's in wrestling these days.