Thursday, September 24, 2009

Keefe's Pick 3 for Week 3

Not out to a great start, but it's early. You got to get back on the bicycle and ride. Here we go...

Lions (+6.5) over Redskins
Picking the Lions following a 1-2 week? Yes, I'm doing it. They could snap their long losing streak this weekend. They're at home, and did you see the Skins last weekend? 9-7 over the Rams... the Rams. Maybe Calvin Johnson and the Lions lose this one, but they will cover the number... I hope.

Raiders (+1.5) over Broncos
I just refuse to believe that the Josh McDaniels, Kyle Orton led Broncos will get to 3-0 this year. They just can't. I actually like the Raiders... defense. They played San Diego tough, then beat the Chiefs. (How about 3 straight division games to start the year.) I think Denver will start to level out and do so soon. These home division games are huge, look for the Raider D to step up big this week.

Texans (-4) over Jaguars
I love Houston, hate Jacksonville. The Texans were miserable in Week 1, but I'm going to chalk that up to a good Jets D that surprised me probably more than Houston. Jacksonville is awful, they got blitzed by Arizona at home last week. I don't think a trip to Texas is going to help them. MJD could have a strong weekend performance but I still see the Texans winning by at least a TD and getting to 2-1, making my pick of Houston as the division winner not seem as ridiculous.

Last Week: 1-2
Overall: 1-2

-Keefe

No comments: