Wednesday, February 1, 2012

5 Questions With Jerryd Bayless




I talked with former lottery pick and Toronto guard Jerryd Bayless prior to tonight’s Celtics-Raptors game at the TD Garden. Here is what the 23 year old Arizona product had to say.


1. With Bargnani being out, and you being healthy now, do you feel like this is an opportunity to establish yourself more as a scorer?


Bayless: I’m actually not starting tonight, but it was. It’s just different. I think at times we’ve had trouble scoring without Andrea, and coach wanted to put me in to try and put a couple more points on the board.

2. Is that frustrating, starting some nights then coming off the bench. Would you rather have a more defined role?

Bayless: It is what it is, I got to play through and do whatever I can to help this team. You know whatever that is, I’m willing to do.

3. You came up with an incredible high school class and you were one of the best, everyone knows you have the talent. Do you see the success of guys like Derrick Rose, Kevin Love, and Eric Gordon, and think that if you were in a different spot you’d have the same success?

Bayless: I couldn’t be happier about where I am right now. I love being in Toronto. I’m just happy to be here. Everything happens for a reason, and whatever happens, happens.

4. You more comfortable in the NBA playing the point or off the ball?

Bayless: I am 100 times more comfortable playing the point. Playing off the ball is different for me.

5. What is like matching up against Rajon Rondo?

Bayless: Rondo is a really good player. You got to try to keep him out of the paint, he makes everyone around him better, and that’s the hardest part about it. But you got to try and just do the best you can.

BONUS QUESTION

Who you got in the Super Bowl?

Bayless: Patriots.


-Keefe

No comments: