Friday, February 3, 2012

5 Questions With Landry Fields



I talked with New York starting guard Landry Fields prior to the Celtics-Knicks game at the TD Garden. Here is what the 2nd year man out of Stanford, who is averaging 10 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 3.1 assists had to say.


1. I’m sure you guys are frustrated with your record to this point of the season (8-14), but do you feel that you’re close to putting it all together?

Fields: I do. I think as of late it’s been good, we’ve been playing hard and learning from our mistakes and film and getting with our coaches, I think it’s been good as of late.

2. What’s it like playing without a true point guard? I know Shumpert has come in and started a bunch of games, Carmelo has had to run the offense a lot through him, so how does it change things?

Fields: It’s different in some regards, but I think they’ve done a great job. I think Shump’s been doin the best he can in his first year. I’m sure whatever can be cleaned up will be by the coaches.

3. Is there a Knicks-Celtics rivalry, like the other New York-Boston team rivalries?

Fields: I mean, you know, a lot of time yeah, but right now all the games are important.

4. What’s it like guarding Ray Allen, having to chase him around all night?

Fields: It’s tough, but it’s something you got to go out there and do. Watch a lot of film on it, so go out there and do my best.

5. You have to pick the Giants because you’re in New York?

Fields: Yes, I have to pick the Giants because I’m in New York.

Did you have a team growing up?

Fields: Not really, so I’ve adopted the Giants.


-Keefe

No comments: