Monday, June 24, 2013

Rich Reviews: This Is The End



Been a long time since we've had a Rich Reviews: on the old blog.

"Awesome."
"Best comedy in years."
"Hilarious."
"Loved it."
"I want to see it again."

All of those superlatives right there?  Go ahead and attach my name at the end of them.  This Is The End, was fantastic.  A must see for sure.  Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson, and Danny McBride were all great in it and there's a bunch of cameos.  I thought McBride was the best part of the movie, but to each their own.

I was trying to think of the last great comedy I saw... it was probably MacGruber which came out 3 years ago.  I never cried laughing in This Is The End, but it's consistently funny and well worth the price of admission.  

It's been out for a couple weeks now, so you know the plot.  All these guys are playing themselves and they're at a party when the end of the world breaks out.  How they deal with it?  Boom, there's your movie.  I had high expectations going in and it lived up to it.  They reference each other's movies in it a lot too which I enjoyed.  Great stuff all around.




No comments: