Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Eddie Valiant Is Dead

TMZ is reporting that actor Bob Hoskins has died at the age of 71.  He of course was best known for his role as Toon Detective Eddie Valiant in one of greatest movies of all-time, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988).

To this day Roger Rabbit is still one of my favorite movies. I would watch it more than once in a day growing up, I've probably seen that movie more than any other. And how good was Hoskins?  I was shocked he didn't win an Oscar for it or appear in every movie after that.  He was awesome.  Then throw in the fact that he's doing most the scenes by himself before they dub the toons in (sorry for breaking that 4th wall on you). But the guy was great. 

Eddie is with his brother now, Teddy, in heaven.  Valiant & Valiant are reunited, look out toon criminals, look out. 

R.I.P. Bob Hoskins. 



No comments: