Friday, April 4, 2014

Wrestlemania XXX Preview



This Sunday it's Wrestlemania XXX from the Superdome in New Orleans.  It'll be a massive 4 hour extravaganza (7-11pm).  Lots of matches scheduled, Hulk Hogan is your host (whatever that does), and as I am for every Mania, I'm optimistic.

What I'm Looking Forward To:

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

These two have been going back and forth forever.  It's been a long build if you will.  Should be the opening match and should be sick.  The winner will be involved later in the night against champ Randy Orton and Batista in a 3-way for the WWE Heavyweight Championship.  (This thing could turn into a Fatal-4-Way, HHH has that kind of control.)  But everything involving Bryan has been terrific, so I expect the same with these two matches.

Prediction: Daniel Bryan wins.  The YES! fans will be in full force and finally get the show ending and result they've been waiting for.  
(However I am tempted to bet (yes you can bet) on Triple H, Orton, and Batista, they are all huge under dogs and it would be a nice payout... thinking about it.)

2. Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena

Wyatt is my favorite wrestler going right now and he has a real chance to be my favorite all-time.  His promos are off the charts and now that CM Punk is out of the picture, Bray is far and away the best on the microphone.  Despite popular opinion Cena puts on some solid matches.  I'm not expecting this to be Wyatt-Bryan from the Royal Rumble, but this has the makings for Match of the Night.

Prediction: Bray Wyatt... he may get some help from Erick Rowan and Luke Harper... and perhaps a mystery partner/ new addition to the family??? (I have no clue on this, just a guess.)

3. Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

I mean, it's the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, you're going to watch.  I'm not as in to this one as the recent Taker-Punk, Taker-HHH, Taker-Michaels, but we'll see.  And are we going to get Sting, showing up on Sunday or more likely on Monday?  That I could get excited about.

Prediction: 22-0


No comments: