Saturday, June 18, 2016

WWE Money In The Bank Predictions


Let me tell you a little something about myself. Yesterday (June 17th) I went under the knife and had a procedure performed on my ear to restore some hearing that I've lost from a perforated ear drum suffered last summer. Could I have complained that whole year and made things about myself? Of course. Could I have mailed it in this week and written a short blog briefly giving my picks or just not written a blog at all because of my surgery? Of course I could have. But that's not who I am. I consider myself to be the work horse on this blog. Yeah, I know, I write one blog a month and about 95% of these posts are from Rich. But that doesn't mean I'm not working. Every breath I take is for this job. Knowing I would be getting operated on I decided to type this blog ahead of time just incase I was so fucked up from surgery that I couldn't even type my name. But then something magical happened. As I slowly opened my eyes, coming out of the haze I was put in from the anesthesia, I had a revelation. All of the sudden, the entire Money In the Bank PPV flashed before my eyes. I saw every match, perfectly detailed, right there for me. I realized that they blog I wrote prior to the operation wasn't my true work. I feel reborn as a blogger. I feel as if I am the Muhammed of WWE Predictions. It's as if Hulk Hogan's racist horny finger touched my shoulder and said to me, "Let's make these picks brother!" So here I am on a Saturday morning rewriting this blog to give you the most accurate predictions for Sunday's show. Let's take a look at the card while I rewrite this in one take.


Pre-Show

Dudley Boyz vs. Lucha Dragons

I didn't even know this was a potential match for the show and it was added on last minute. But typically the exciting faces win these matches to get the crowd pumped up so there you go.

Prediction: Lucha Dragons


The Golden Truth vs. Breezango

Another last second add that also wasn't part of my prophetic vision, but I think The Golden Truth finally gets their first win here on the grandest stage of them all.

Prediction: The Golden Truth


Main Card

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

They made it! They are off the pre-show. Everyone's favorite feud lives to see another PPV. Hopefully this is the official end of the feud and Corbin finally goes over with a win and we can all move on from this disappointing program.

Prediction: Baron Corbin


Apollo Crews vs. Seamus

Seamus is mad that time has passed him by and the former WWE champ is fading away with all of the NXT call ups coming. After losing his MITB qualifier he attacked Apollo Crews before his qualifier which was supposed to be a factor in why Crews lost his match but Crews couldn't have sold the injury worse and the loss looked too clean to be convincing. Originally, I was totally ok with Crews losing because I figured he'd benefit more from a singles feud like this than getting lost in the crowd of the MITB participants while getting worked on the mic and ultimately not winning the match. However, this feud has seen like no TV time so I feel like Crews gained nothing like this. Regardless, I think Crews needs this win more than Seamus does, especially heading into the brand split where he is sure to get more of a push.

Prediction: Apollo Crews


Charlotte & Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch & Natalya

Remember when Charlotte broke free from her dad because she has proven that she can win on her own? Well here she is in a tag team match with the woman that helped provide a distraction that lead to her defeating Natalya at Extreme Rules.
When you break it down, this match is really about Becky Lynch and Charlotte. The future of the women's division lies on the shoulders of these two and Sasha Banks. With Sasha already established as a threat waiting in the wings, it's important that Becky can get this win to put herself back into the picture as a true contender. I'm guessing that she catches the win over Dana Brooke which will create a divide between Charlotte and Dana and lead to a true race for the Woman's Championship.

Prediction: Becky Lynch & Natalya


New Day(c) vs. The Vaudevillains vs. The Club vs. Enzo & Cass -- Tag Team Championships

This seems like the perfect way for The New Day to drop the belts, right? Well guess what, it isn't. The New Day have slowly been clapping their way towards the record for the longest tag team title reign in company history set by Paul Burchill and Brian Kendrick and this team deserves that record way too much to not get it. I'd say The Club are most likely to take the belts if The New Day can't retain strictly because there's no way all members of The Club lose on Sunday. But I'll address the rest of that later..

Prediction: It's The New Day, Yes It Is!


Ruse(c) vs. Titus O'Neil -- United States Championship

Well I'll be damned. Just a few months removed from his incident with The Chairman of the Board, Titus O'Neil is back to lose a championship feud. Talk about a real rags to riches story.
I don't think this match will be a typical Rusev (when he isn't in Vince's dog house) blowout, but I just don't see a legitimate reality where Titus takes the belt here.

Prediction: Rusev


John Cena vs. AJ Styles

This has match of the year potential. But it also has dusty finish written all over it. Neither man has a clear case to lose this match. Cena is fighting in his return from injury while Styles is coming off of a brutal loss to Roman Reigns for the title. That's where I think the dusty finish comes into play. Yeah AJ agreed to fight 1 on 1 against Cena, but he's working as a heel now, and since when do heels play by the rules? That's why I see The Club finding their way down the ramp and AJ snaking a win. I know Cena doesn't lose and barely loses clean, but if his feud with Kevin Owens was any indication, Cena will lose a match to help put over these up and coming talents.

Prediction: AJ Styles


Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio -- Money In The Bank Ladder Match

The PPV's titular match is typically the hardest match to predict every year, and even more so in 2016. Let's take a look at the current betting odds for the match.

Dean Ambrose -1200
Kevin Owens +760
Chris Jericho +3500
Cesaro +9000
Sami Zayn +10000
Alberto Del Rio +10000

Ambrose and Owens are the heavy favorites and they have the most compelling cases (pun intended) to win the match. Obviously Dean is the popular pick due to his two former Shieldmates fighting for the title in the main event and the WWE Universe's demand for an eventual Shield Triple Threat for the belt. Owens on the other hand is possibly the most popular wrestler on the roster and adding the briefcase to his arsenal could make him incredibly dangerous and give him the push he more than deserves. But when do the runaway favorites ever win this thing? Del Rio was promised a main event push when he re signed with the company but I don't think that's now. Sami Zayn is being built up as the underdog and winning this briefcase would destroy that entire arch. Cesaro and Jericho are both interesting options here. Y2J is the veteran who invented this match and winning this could be the cherry on top of his Hall of Fame career and he's a guy who could legitimately lose his cash in and keep on going. Cesaro is the fan favorite in the match and has been deserving of a push for what seems like years now.
Gun to my head, I probably take Dean Ambrose here. I know I said the favorite never wins, but this is too perfect of an opportunity for a Shield main event. But that pick isn't bold at all. You know what is though?
That's right, we're back for another batch of Besse's Be Bolder Predictions Brought To You By Butterfinger!!!
Warning: Butterfinger is pissed that I never get these right so I'm turning up even more for these.
Now hear my out on this one. Remember about a month ago when there were SEVEN slots for the MITB ladder match? But now there are only 6 competitors and the company made no mention of the missing seventh wrestler. You know who I've been missing? Bray Wyatt. That's right boys and girls, Bray Wyatt is making his return tomorrow night as the forgotten seventh man. I don't have much of a description for it because it's pretty straight forward. At some point during the match the lights will go out and the fireflies will come on and Bray will make his way down to the ring with his brothers. They'll provide the security while Wyatt climbs the ladder and grabs the briefcase.
This is exactly what the Wyatt Family needs to establish themselves as the monster stable they're supposed to be. It's time for a Wyatt championship run.. they're here.

Prediction: An Unreal Match


Roman Reigns(c) vs. Seth Rollins -- WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Ah yes, the main event we've all been waiting for that is sure to disappoint. Not necessarily because of the performers because Seth Rollins is a god and Roman Reigns is ok but nowhere near Seth's level, but because this is clearly going to stretch out until Summerslam, so having a clear, definitive finish just wouldn't work. I don't know exactly how this one will end whether there's a no contest, disqualification, or maybe a cash in???? It's brutal that I can't pick Rollins to win back the title he never lost, but knowing that this match won't end clean provides me the closure that I need. So I reluctantly say..

Prediction: Roman Reigns Retains


Sorry for the wait on this one. Like I said, I was busy fixing my hearing. It'll be an unreal experience hearing the crowd boo Roman Reigns at full volume for the first time. There were those minor changes to the pre-show and I think I covered all of the matches. Nobody hit me up about MITB until Monday night though because I'll probably be watching Game 7 instead. Maybe I'll start pumping out more WWE content too, don't hold your breath though. Enjoy the show.

Blessings,

KButter

No comments: