Saturday, August 20, 2016

WWE Summerslam Predictions


I would be content if nobody read my blogs.
For years I have been just a boy with a dream. A boy with a passion for wrestling who felt he knew it all.
I don't need thousands of people reading my blog who love my work. Give me 200 people with nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon. Those are the people who are most alive. Until they put their phones down.
I don't even like it when people tell me, "Hey man, I loved your message, your picks were spot on."
No.
I like it when people say to me, "Kiernan, I read your blog, what the hell happened?"
I use that to fuel the rage inside of me. To make sure I never have a monumental collapse like I did at Wrestlemania again.
For months, I have been slowly building myself back up. Gaining momentum by practically sweeping the board at the B Show pay per views, feeding the demon inside of me.
It may have seemed like I was pouring my heart and soul into those blogs, if only I had those things.
But here I am.
Alone.
In my bedroom with the shades pulled down, trying to decipher the dreams that I have been having for the weeks leading up to this Sunday.
My mind has wrestled with my heart, tossing and turning inside of me just to reach a conclusion on who will be walking out of the Barclay's Center with their hands held HIGH in victory.
And then it came to me.
At 4 am this morning I shot up from a cold sleep screaming at the top of my lungs, "HOW YOU DOIN'???"
I realized that I always knew where to find the winners, but first I would have to find myself.
In this first Pay Per View of the New Era, I stand here as a rebuilt man. A man whose dreams would sound like comedy to the small minded. A man whose mind is 10 years ahead of the rest of the WWE Universe. A man with the answers.
Let's take a look at the card.

Pre-Show:

The Usos, American Alpha & The Hype Bros vs. Breezango, Vaudevillains & The Ascension

There is no reason for me to go too deep into this. The team of heels in Breezango, The Vaudevillains, and The Ascension are meant to lose, that's what they do. Meanwhile, the team of faces has two NXT call ups making their PPV debut and The Usos who never seem to lose these things. Mix that in with it's spot on the pre-show meant to fire up the crowd and there you have it.

Prediction: The Usos, American Alpha & The Hype Bros


Sami Zayn & Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz

Much like the preceding tag team match on the pre-show, we have a team of faces who need to go over fighting a team of heels whose jobs are to put people over -- even more so with The Dudleys being veterans on the backend of their careers.
It's such a relief that Sami Zayn and Neville made it onto this card albeit it's the pre-show, not having Sami Zayn fight in Brooklyn after defeating Kevin Owens last month would make zero sense.
Zayn and Neville should steal the show with their aerial attack that will get the place buzzing.

Prediction: Sami Zayn & Neville


Main Card:

Cesaro vs. Sheamus (Match 1 of Best of 7 Series)

You can basically flip a coin for this one. I don't think WWE has ever had a series that didn't go the distance so you know this is going all seven. But with Cesaro getting the best of Sheamus for three straight weeks it seems like putting The Swiss Superman in a hole and making him crawl out of it is the play. Expect a hard hitting rivalry with a lot of beef being thrown around. And with my Irish brother Conor McGregor taking down Nate Diaz the night before, I say we stick with a theme.

Prediction: Sheamus


Becky Lynch, Carmella & Naomi vs. Natalya & Alexa Bliss

With or without Eva Marie this match was still a handicap match lol. Would she have even fought had she not been suspended for adderall? Who knows. But she is hot garbage. Shoutout Mattnerr for understanding how unattractive Eva Marie is to me due to her inability to do anything a wrestler should be able to do. She can't wrestle, she can't speak on the mic, she can't even have a good entrance. I'm tired of that Don Pardo sounding motherfucker introducing her every week. But whatever, she isn't wrestling.
I have no idea if a third wrestler will fill her spot. There are no women left on the roster and nothing has been announced so I will treat this like that is the case. Unless someone like Melina comes back.
Natalya has won too much and it's time for her to eat a pin from a team of faces who need a win. Let's Make Becky Lynch Great Again and start boosting Carmella for her eventual reunion with Enzo & Cass.

Prediction: Becky Lynch, Carmella & Naomi


The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews -- Intercontinental Championship

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. The Miz is one of my favorite wrestlers on the roster. Nobody works the mic as a heel quite like he does. So perfectly annoying and funny while remaining legit. I can't remember the last convincing win he's had, but that's why I love him.
My heart wants to pick Apollo Creed because of how much I love the Rocky series, but now just doesn't feel like the right time. I mean, last weeks go home segment came during a commercial break. This feud has barely had any type of build up and Apollo just doesn't seem like he's there quite yet.
Maybe have The Miz snake a win here so Crews can win at a later date, but at Summerslam I think The Miz will postpone his loss of the belt for at least one more pay per view.

Prediction: The Miz


Enzo & Cass vs. JeriKO

I do not care if these two have been put together just to start an inevitable feud that is sure to tear the house down. JeriKO is in my Top Five favorite tag teams of all time and I refuse to take them out of it. I was starting to grow tired of Y2J on the roster and he has completely pulled me back in and reminded me why he is one of the GOATs.
Sadly, there is just no way they win this match. Enzo & Cass are two untouchables on the roster when it comes to losing big matches and if this is in fact a way to start a Jericho vs. Owens program then the heels need to lose this one.
Will it come clean or will one of the Canadians walk out on their partner? My money is on the latter. But either way, I just can't bet against Enzo & Cass in Brooklyn at their first Summerslam.

Prediction: Enzo & Cass


The New Day (c) vs. The Club -- WWE Tag Team Championships

Big E has contused testicles and is questionable for Sunday night. If he is kept out of action, that is the perfect opportunity for the longest reigning tag team champions to drop the belts to a deserving group of heels. The New Day have pulled off the rare feat of being bigger than the belt and they can realistically stay together while all going after singles titles.
The Club, on the other hand, has managed to make The New Day look inferior to them and after a few months of grinding and taking some tough looking losses, I think it's finally their time.
Although I could see The New Day retaining, especially if Big E returns, I just think it's time for something new in the division. Especially with Enzo & Cass on the rise.

Prediction: The Club


Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte -- WWE Women's Championship

With Dana Brooke being banned from ringside, I see this as a way to set up a Charlotte vs. Dana feud.
Having Sasha Banks drop the belt this early into her reign just seems insane to me. Charlotte held the belt forever and could prosper from a non-title singles feud that will put on Dana Brooke as well.
It's always time for some fresh faces in the title scene and with Nia Jax knocking on the door I have an idea of who is next in line.
Also, this could be a match of the night candidate.

Prediction: Sasha Banks retains


Rusev (c) vs. Roman Reigns -- United States Championship

I'm not gunna lie, I think I'm back in on Roman Reigns. Isn't it crazy that he gets a mid card push and has been absolutely killing despite his failure as a main eventer and champion? Nope. Because this is how he should've been built up in the first place. Sadly, I don't think he becomes the US Champ on Sunday. He has simply dominated Rusev too much to just snatch the belt like that.
If I wrote this blog a week ago I would have picked Roman, but WWE made a mistake of having these two wrestle on the go home show and having Roman win clean. Now what do I have to look forward to? A dusty finish? Nice.
One thing I have learned from this build up is that Roman Reigns will be the United States Champion, but not until this Fall.
I expect some shenanigans from Rusev's disgraced wife and a dirty win for the champ to keep the program alive.

Prediction: Rusev Retains


John Cena vs. AJ Styles

The way those two names look together is just so beautiful. AJ Styles' character is so unbelievable right now. It's like he drew his inspiration from a stereotypical TV sitcom bully. He's just a stupid jock with the biggest ego in the company right now and he's been too good with his promos. Meanwhile, Cena has been Cena. Just doing his thing being The Face That Runs the Place. But we can't ignore the fact that Cena is taking a lighter schedule and has the next PPV off and another hiatus planned.
It feels crazy picking Cena to lose two pay per view matches in a row, but at some point the torch has to be passed and if Styles is going to be the big man on campus a win like this would really help build that resume.
It'll be interesting to see if The Club gets involved now that they're in the same building again.

Prediction: AJ Styles


Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler -- WWE World Championship

I'm a living, breathing human being, so naturally I was pissed that Dolph Ziggler won that Six Pack Challenge to become the number one contender. But I've watched my buddy Matt Stokes endure too much pain as Dolph struggled in the mid card these past couple years that I decided to make the most of this for his sake. I mean hey, it's the New Era so let's get some fresh faces at the top of the card and I've been pleasantly surprised by The Show Off. Much like the Cena/Styles feud, the promos between these two seems to be channeling some real life shit talking about how Dean, although often painted as the underdog, has actually had a relatively easy path to the top since he had the privilege of being a member of The Shield. Ziggler didn't have it as easy. The former college wrestler started as a male cheerleader with The Spirit Squad before taking on his new persona. And despite a Money In the Bank cash in and brief title run, he has spent most of his days stewing in the mid card as kind of a throwaway.
Things started looking up for Ziggler after his courageous Survivor Series win, but he began growing frustrated with his lack of a push and verbalized said frustration, which Ambrose has used as heat against him.
But Dolph has held his own against the champ and has made a pretty convincing case for himself.
As feel good as a Ziggler win might be, I just don't trust him as the champ right now and Ambrose is starting to pick up steam. But Dolph has solidified himself as a guy who belongs in the main event picture on Smackdown Live. It's just that a title run right now seems a bit bold.
But is it as bold as a Besse's Be Bolder Prediction Brought to You By Butterfinger????

Are we just going to pretend Bray Wyatt isn't pissed about Ziggler being in this match instead of him? Yeah Dolph might have pinned him in a thriller to remain the number one contender but Bray Wyatt isn't exactly a good loser. I don't have much to write about this but Bray is absent from the card and if he doesn't get involved in a match later on in the night.. ;).. then I think he inserts himself back into this title picture. But either way..

Prediction: Dean Ambrose retains


Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor -- WWE Universal Championship

If you read my blogs on a monthly basis, I would hope that by now you've noticed my love for Seth Rollins. I'm on the record as a heel guy and I just think Seth Rollins is the perfect wrestler and a guy who can carry the whole company. Just look at how shitty everything was when he was out with his injury. I rest my case.
So this really hurts to write.
As much as I love Seth, I also love Finn Balor. I mean, I've been praying for his debut in pretty much every blog I've written on this site.
After the draft, I was so sure that Rollins would be named the new champion, but once Finn defeated Roman Reigns CLEAN on his first night, it was too obvious.
You can't spend all of this time building up Finn Balor and introducing his Demon King alter ego just to have him lose. Then his war paint just loses all credibility. And on top of that, this is the New Era and we've seen what Rollins can do as champion. So it's time for Finn to get his chance.

Prediction: Finn Balor


Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

I really have no idea. So I'll just fill this write up with a bunch of Besse's Be Bolder Prediction Brought to You By Butterfinger:

1. Goldberg's music hits and the legend walks out, distracting Lesnar, and costing him the match.
Prediction: Orton 

2. The lights go out and when they come on, Bray Wyatt is in the ring hitting Orton with the Sister Abigail, setting up a program with Orton.
Prediction: Lesnar

3. Lesnar dominates most of the match, but as he goes to hit Orton with the F5, Randy reverses and stuns Brock with an RKO
Prediction: Orton

4. Brock Lesnar beats the shit out of Orton and stays unbeatable until his WrestleMania program where he loses to Nakamura or Samoa Joe.
Prediction: Orton

I really have no fucking clue who to pick in this one. Cases can be made for both sides and I think Brock's unbeatable image is going to slowly start fading, but is Orton the guy that should beat him? Why not give that win to a guy like Samoa Joe, Nakamura, or somebody along that line? Orton is so established that wins and losses really don't mean much, so why not use a Lesnar loss as a way to put someone over who could really use it?
But I'm no bitch and I've been thinking Orton for weeks now, so I'm going to stand by my mans.
Like I said, this is a toss up and I think it's the most 50/50 match on the card so I hate having to stand by one pick, but that's just how it goes. Let's hope for an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE and an Orton title reign sooner rather than later.

Prediction: Randy Orton


That's all I have for Sunday night, any questions or concerns you can find me on Twitter @KButter_22

xoxo

Little Besse









No comments: