Saturday, September 24, 2016

WWE Raw Clash of Champions Preview



Pre-Show

Nia Jax vs. Alicia Fox

It's not about IF Jax is going to win. It's about how and how fast she will win. There really isn't much more to write about this match. Jax should squash Fox and continue to squash the lower card woman superstars until Creative feels that her time for a title run has come.

Prediction: Nia Jax


Enzo & Cass vs. The Shining Stars

At the time of writing this blog, I'm not even sure if this match is on the card or not, but if it is I don't want to miss an easy win. The Shining Stars are just glorified jobbers who can keep a match interesting which in turn makes wins over them look more impressive than they really are. So let's view this potential match as a showcase for both teams, specifically Enzo & Cass and hope that something cool happens.
I think it's getting to the time where The New Day should drop the belts and stick together while pursuing singles titles. Could work and it allows for some fresh feuds in the tag team division.

Prediction: Enzo & Cass


Main Card

Chris Jericho vs. Sami Zayn

Sami Zayn has me a little lost and I can't be the only one who thinks that. I mean, what does he really have outside of his rivalry with Kevin Owens? It's most likely Creative's fault, but I can only go off of what I've seen with my own two eyes, and that is that Zayn's purpose in this company is to always be the underdog to The Prize Fighter. But now we have an interesting twist with KO's best friend Y2J (which is the most genuine friendship I've ever seen and will never break up) is doing the dirty work for his buddy.
In my opinion, Zayn still has to prove himself more to get a title shot, and this match could be a step in the right direction. But since he beat Owens in their last PPV match, I think he needs to be knocked down a few pegs before climbing back up again. Plus I love Y2JeriKO with all of my heart and never want them to lose again.

Prediction: Chris Jericho


Cesaro vs. Seamus -- Match 7

Well who saw this coming?? Cesaro the babyface dropping 3 straight to his rival and suffering from an injury just to claw his way back to a 3-3 series, forcing a game 7.
Everything that the WWE has ever done suggests that Cesaro wins this one. But what I'm about to tell you might make it a little deeper than that. So take a seat, grab a drink, and eat a Besse's Be Bolder Picks Brought to You By Butterfinger

I originally had Seamus winning this match, but midway through this bold prediction I talked myself into a completely different idea. Cesaro was pissed he went to Raw on Draft Night and is still frustrated with his lack of a push, right? And isn't The Miz demanding a trade from Smackdown? So how about Cesaro wins this 7 match series that has literally NOTHING on the line. After winning and receiving no push, his frustration will continue to grow. On Tuesday nights, The Miz will keep going against his GM and building up more and more animosity between the two until Daniel Bryan has had enough. Then, once The Miz drops his belt, he gets traded to Raw for Cesaro and Cesaro enters into the IC Title picture where he belongs while Miz is doing his thing on Monday nights.
Just something to think about.

Prediction: Cesaro


TJ Perkins (c) vs. Brian Kendrick -- WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Admittedly, I am not too familiar with the Cruiserweight Division. But don't hate, I'm just a college student who got logged out of his friends WWE Network account and doesn't have the password anymore, so please be understanding. I will say, I am familiar with Brian Kendrick from his old WWE runs as a tag team champ and I also know that he trained Eva Marie, so I fucking hate him.
Perkins on the other hand seems exciting and I know he tore the house down in the Crusierweight Classic.
Kendrick is pretty old and will probably get a chance with the belt at some point but having Perkins lose in his first time on TV seems lame IMO so

Prediction: TJ Perkins


Rusev (c) vs. Roman Reigns -- United States Championship

This is a pretty crucial match for Roman Reigns. This is the match that will determine post-suspension Roman's place in the pecking order. Is he a main eventer, or is he going to rule the mid-card for a while before returning to the Universal Title scene?
Personally, I think he could make a good US Champ. He needs to build up a good mid-card run before a title push and in my mind that will get him over as champ. I only say that because in this feud I've actually liked Roman, so it only makes sense that this feud has kind of taken a back seat and been a slow burn since their last match.
Anyways, I think it's time for a solid mid-card run for Roman, expect both men to look strong.

Prediction: Roman Reigns


The New Day (c) vs. Gallows & Anderson -- WWE Tag Team Championships

Gallows & Anderson are as corny as it gets but it's made for a pretty good rivalry with The New Day.
Both teams are awesome to watch in the ring and can cut good promos together, but I think The New Day have done as much as they possibly can with the belts, so why not switch it up? I mean, The New Day could easily stick together but support each other in runs for singles titles and everyone would still watch. It's just time for some change.

Prediction: Gallows & Anderson


Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley

Sasha pins Bayley starting a new program for the belt while Charlotte feuds with Dana Brooke. Keep it simple and let these women main event a PPV because we've seen just how good that is.

Prediction: Sasha Banks


Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins -- WWE Universal Championship

How good is Kevin Owens? Well he's held the Universal Championship longer than every wrestler ever.. COMBINED.
Seriously though, is there any way Triple H DOESN'T get involved in this match? He's been off TV long enough and Mick Foley is trusting Steph again, so why not fuck that up?
But Owens really doesn't ned anything like The Authority to back him up, and it doesn't seem like he's really with them like Rollins was. I think this is more of an Anti-Rollins thing than it is Pro-Owens, but that's even more of a reason for Triple H to interfere.
And maybe this is rude of me to say, but I will say it anyways. I know Seth Rollins is my guy and I love him, but I am TIRED of The Shield running the main event. So let's have Rollins lose so we can get a fresh main event scene, huh? Please?

Prediction: Kevin Owens retains

-- Little Besse




No comments: