Saturday, April 4, 2009

Random Saturday musings

So this morning my brother had his tryout for Babe Ruth. I can tell you a few things after sitting there for a couple hours completely miserable: A) it's cold as shit out; B) this weather still sucks; and C) this league is a joke. They took the kids through the most unorganized infield practice, then set up a pitching machine to throw BP at 50mph. I've had my brother hitting 80-85 all winter, and this is what we walk out there to? To top it off, I should've known things were heading south when the guy rolled out the pitching machine on the actual wheels that fire out the baseballs. I know it's heavy, but you're not indoors and it's been raining all week guy. Nice to see you really thought that through. I know it's heavy, but for the sake of not getting dirt, grass and water all over the wheels, have someone help you lift it and carry it out there to the bump.

Anyway, in an effor to thaw out, I got home, plopped myself on the couch and pondered life over a couple egg sandwiches and some ESPN.com. It was there that I came across Sportscenter's Top 10 plays from last night. The top play, rightfully so, featured Randall Bailey, a lightweight boxer who has challenged for a title and fought some solid competition over the course of his 45 professional matches. Last night, he took on Francisco Figueroa, a fringe contender who came in riding a 12 fight win streak. Thanks to a Bailey right hand, that streak, much like all of mine in Streak for Cash, has come to an end. Please enjoy:



No question that's a candidate for KO of the year. And that will serve as this week's KO clip of the week.

Moving on, Troy Murphy did his best to fill the stat sheet last night in one fell swoop. I don't know if he got the assist on this as well, but he should've. What a play...



Somewhere, Ricky Davis is smiling proudly...



Enjoy the Final Four tonight. I've got a bet going with my buddy BJal. We've been picking against the spread for every game of the tournament so far. I'm down 2 with 3 to go, so I've gotta win out. I picked Villanova +7 and Michigan State +4.5. I don't like either pick, but obviously what I've been doing hasn't worked so far, so whatever. Loser takes the other out for dinner and drinks in the near future. Regardless of who wins, it's going to be a shitshow. Have a weekend.

-Bess

No comments: