Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Worst and Most Insulting Trade Offer Ever

Today I received a trade offer in one of my ESPN Fantasy Leagues. A GM represnting "An Entire Army of Jew Robots" offered to send me and our team ("Kenny Fuckin Powers") Alex Rios and Scott Baker in exchange for our star OF Manny Ramirez. Talk about living up to your team name. I was so embarrassed and insulted by this trade offer, that not only did I sent him a long, detailed response breaking down my assessment of the trade and why I would not accept it, but I also posted the e-mail on the league page to give the rest of the league an idea as to how stupid, moronic and incompetent this man is as the GM of a fantasy baseball team. To quote Ashley Schaeffer, Ashley Schaeffer BMW, "You'd have to be damn straight retarded" to accept this deal. My e-mail to this moron is below:


I'm actually insulted by this trade offer. To the point where I'm not even sure I want to consider a counter offer. You're asking for a perennial .300/30/100 guy in exchange for the following:
Rios: A) never driven in 100 runs; B) hit over 20 HR once (24 in 2007); C) hit over .300 once (.302 in 2006). I recognize the steals are a nice asset, but I'd be remiss to ignore the fact that he's hitting .206 with ZERO homeruns and one stolen base to go with 7 RBI so far in 2009. This is while batting in the middle of an offense that is currently ranked 3rd in average, 1st in RBI, 3rd in runs and 3rd in homeruns in ALL of Major League Baseball.
Baker: First start of the season - 4.0 IP, 6 ER; Second start of the season (Today) - 4.2 IP, 6 ER. In fact, I couldn't help but notice that you didn't even start Baker today against Boston. Shows how confident you are in his ability as a pitcher.
You offered Brett Myers or Armando Gallaraga instead of Baker. Myers has an ERA over 5 right now, a career ERA in the mid 4's and his ERA has gone up every year since 2005. Galarraga isn't bad, but after everything I said about Rios, those two won't do it together. In fact if you even wanted a chance at this trade, it would've been LESS insulting to offer up Galarraga up front. At least the dude is pitching well right now and has some upside. That's a guy you sell high. As far as Rios and the rest of the garbage you came at me with, those are guys that I'll buy low...buying low does not pertain to Manny Ramirez. Especially when he's hitting .340 with 3 bombs and 10 RBI, including an 8 for 16 run in his last 4 games with all three of those bombs coming over that span.
Bottom line: I can't help but feel you think I'm some sort of asshole. That being said, I'd like to decline your offer...courteously, of course.

No comments: