Saturday, July 18, 2009

Just Bleed

For those of you that watched UFC 100, or have been following the post event coverage, you've probably heard or seen about "Filthy" Tom Lawlor's win over C.B. Dolloway. It was an impressive performance, locking in a guillotine choke that at first glance, did not seem tight enough to finish the fight. But Lawlor calmly transitioned himself into better position to tighten the hold and dim the lights on Dolloway for a quick submission win.


But what you may not have seen, or if you did, not understood, was Lawlor's showmanship at the weigh-in. He showed up with "Just Bleed" painted on his chest in white, and "UFC" in green on his forehead. Check out the picture below...


I'll be honest, I had no clue what the hell this was all about when I first saw it. I thought he was just being an idiot and trying too hard to be funny. But I did a simple Google search, and I gotta tell ya, I'm a HUGE Tom Lawlor fan now. Watch the video below from UFC 15 to find out why exactly Tom Lawlor did this...
How can you not love that guy??? And not love Tom Lawlor for a) knowing about that - I mean it happened at UFC 15...Lawlor was 14 like I was. I had never even heard of UFC at that point. Great stuff, and well played by "Filthy". For the record, he also came out to "Who Let the Dogs Out" with Seth Petruzelli - the man who beat Kimbo Slice - at the end of a dog leash. Solid, solid stuff.
-Bess

1 comment:

bamboo fitted sheet said...

But what you may not have seen, or if you did, not understood, was Lawlor's showmanship at the weigh-in. He showed up with "Just Bleed" painted on his chest in white, and "UFC" in green on his forehead. Check out the picture below...
floral bedspreads king size
oversized bedspreads for king bed