Sunday, January 10, 2010

NFL Thoughts...

Just a couple hours following the Patriots "football game" with the Ravens. (Football game usually implies that 2 teams both try and/or give a crap.) Embarrassing performance by the Pats today, who clearly deserved to lose, and they can now go plan their golf trips and vacations, something they were thinking about before kick-off. No Wes Welker obviously hurts, we can all agree on that, but he isn't asked to tackle Ray Rice. Was anyone asked to tackle Ray Rice today?

-AFC Final 4: Colts, Chargers, Jets, Ravens... yes the Jets have advanced further than the Patriots this year... with a rookie QB and a really fat head coach.

-Cardinals are rolling the Packers right now. Everyone, I mean everyone was on this Packer band wagon. They still have time to comeback, but when will people stop betting against Kurt Warner in the playoffs?

-Cowboys got a dominating win over the Eagles last night... Dallas over Minnesota... I'm thinking so.

-Pre-Season Predictions: (patting myself on the back...) I gave you Percy Harvin as O-Rookie of the Year and Brian Cushing as D-ROY. (my MVP pick, Brees finished 2nd)...

My Super Bowl picks were Chargers over Saints back in August... I'll stick with it, though I would not be surprised if the Saints don't live up to it.

Note: I also picked the Texans, Bills, and Seahawks to make the playoffs... they can't all be winners... did I mention the Offensive and Defensive rookies of the year?

-Chris Johnson became the 6th player in league history to go over 2,000 yards rushing in a single season, also he won Fantasy Football titles in his first 2 seasons in The Gentlemen's Club... unfortunately for me it was/is not a keeper, so despite getting him as a rookie I had to watch as Shark took home the plaque this year.

-What happens to free agent Vince Wilfork next year? Franchise tag?

That's all I got for now... figured I'd write all this out rather than post like 15 messages on Twitter.

-Keefe

No comments: