Monday, July 8, 2013

Remember When The Home Run Derby Was Cool?

They didn't need to have captains pick their team when I was growing up... Ok, clearly I'm just too old for the Home Run Derby now. And an event I used to look forward to with excitement and all that. It's just not the same. Right?

Here are this year's teams.

Robinson Cano (captain)
Prince Fielder
Chris Davis (how about this guy this year?)
Mystery Hitter (weak sauce, who is it Robbie? Who cares?)

David Wright (captain)
Bryce Harper
Carlos Gonzalez
Michael Cuddyer (We need two Colorado Rockies? We need Mike Cuddyer?)

My all-time derby team (of guys who competed)

Ken Griffey, Jr.
Barry Bonds
Mark McGwire
Frank Thomas

(Honorable Mention: Jose Canseco, Bo Jackson, Gary Sheffield, Albert Belle)

Boom. Two lefties, two righties. No matter the park, you're getting the best show possible. I guess I should just watch the derbies from the 90s.

No comments: