Sunday, March 9, 2014

I (Finally) Bought the WWE Network



I decided to purchase the WWE Network this weekend after an internal debate that lasted for a couple weeks.  I don't love what is going on right now in the WWE (see my thoughts on CM Punk's non-return), and I'm leery of how Wrestlemania will play out.  But should that really matter?

Yes, I'm giving money directly to the people responsible for the questionable product right now, but what about the years of awesome stuff?  That's what I'm paying for.

WWE Network = $9.99 a month (minimum 6 MONTH commitment)

So, 60 bucks gets you what exactly?

Every PPV past and current.  Meaning you have access to every WWF/WWE, WCW, and ECW pay-per-view (this is the best part).  You want to watch the 1991 Royal Rumble, go for it.  And the quality is solid.

You also get the current PPV events.  Next month's Wrestlemania?  You got it.  That's really the selling point.  I mean I love the old stuff, but the fact that I'd spend $50-60 on Wresltemania and probably the Royal Rumble, why not just pay for the Network over a 6 month span that encompasses those sweet events.  Sold.

I can watch all this on my TV (thru my XBOX 360), my computer, or even my iPhone.  Not bad.

I am a little concerned over how the stream will be the night of Wresltemania when everyone and their brother will be logged on and watching.  We'll see.  But for now, it's sweet.

One of the negatives is the recent episode of RAW is not available the next day and isn't for sometime.  (They have a deal with Hulu I guess).   That's really the only significant drawback I have found so far.   As long as the streaming holds up it looks like a great investment.

In addition to the old and new PPVs, there is NXT stuff, other Network only shows, Pre and Post Raw Show, and cool stuff like "Best Entrances" and what not.

It's all good.  Now only if they could get CM Punk back...




No comments: