Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Think I'm Watching The Strain on FX



So, there is nothing on TV right now.  It is a baron wasteland of television programs this summer (every summer).  I watch a decent number of shows: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Grimm, American Horror Story, Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Louie (was awful this year), and a few more.  They are all on their summer hiatus, so what do ya do?

Still no Sunday night or Monday night football... no NBA or NHL during the week.  It's baseball or bust right now, and for a lot of us, that means bust.

But I think I'm going to watch The Strain.  I've seen the two episodes that have been out, and I'm intrigued.  Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy) and another dude wrote this book, then turned it into a comic, and now it's a TV show.  It's in the horror genre, right now it looks like a crazy virus, is it zombies? draculas? crazy diseases?  Who knows, but you better strap in.

Anyone else watching this thing?  It might not keep your interest if you had a lot on your TV plate, but it being the slow season, I think I'm in.


No comments: