Friday, January 27, 2012

5 Questions with David West



I had a chance to talk with Indiana forward David West prior to tonight’s Celtics-Pacers game. Here is what the Xavier product, who is averaging 11.5 points and 6.6 rebounds per game this season had to say.

1. Keefe: What has been the key to your team’s success against the Celtics this season?

West: I don’t know. We just try to have the same approach, regardless of who we playing. Try to be aggressive and set the tone defensively.

2. Keefe: How have you been able to fit in with the Pacers in your first year, just 15-17 games in?

West: Well you know, not trying to do too much. Took me my time in terms of learning these guys. Didn’t come in and try to impose who I am on this team. You know, this is a good core, good group. I still am trying to find the best way for me to fit.

3. Keefe: What is Coach Vogel like?

West: I mean he’s good. He’s young and energetic. He keeps things positive even when we don’t play well. He’s able to get us goin, get our mind away from the game we just had and go out and get another one.

4. Keefe: Do you consider you guys a top contender in the Eastern Conference?

West: No I don’t. Nah, it’s too early, and we haven’t done anything except win a couple games.

5. Keefe: What did you make of Tu Holloway and all that went on back at Xavier?

West: I mean the game was over. But you know. Sometimes it becomes more than basketball, and that was the effect of that.

BONUS QUESTION!

Patriots or Giants in the Super Bowl?

West: Giants.

You a Giants fan?

West: Little bit.

No comments: