Monday, September 16, 2013

Breaking Bad: Best Show Ever?

It has a chance.  2 episodes left in one of the all-time great TV dramas.  Can it be better than The Wire?  Can any show be better than The Wire?  Well, if it's going to be any show it should be this one.  I, like all of us, will have to watch the final two episodes before making that final ruling.  Because saying a show is the best ever is the single greatest complement you can give a show. 

What Breaking Bad and The Wire have in common is they never waste time.  No story line or character is there for mere filler.  The creator, writers, directors, and even actors are all working towards something, and it's obvious. 

Maybe I will do a full Breaking Bad vs. The Wire  blog in a few weeks, but for now, I just wanted to throw it out there. 

Also as for BB, I'm starting to wonder how differently we'd be watching these episodes this season without all the flash-forwards.  So many times Walt could have been killed, but we know it doesn't happen, at least not yet.  I kinda like it, I kinda don't.  Either way, like last week, I can't wait til Sunday.

No comments: