Sunday, March 4, 2012

5 Questions With Mike Bibby




I talked with New York back up point guard Mike Bibby prior to Sunday afternoon’s Celtics-Knicks game at the TD Garden? Why Mike Bibby you ask? Well Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire were getting pre-game treatment and not talking. Tyson Chandler declined an invitation to go on “5 Questions,” as he was also getting some treatment. I talked to Landry Fields last time the Knicks were in town and Jeremy Lin was shooting around, getting treatment, going to pre-game chapel. Plus, I’ve always been a fan of Mike Bibby, so here we go.

1. What do you think of Rajon Rondo as a player? Obviously you guys had some good match ups while you were playing with the Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs.

Bibby: Good player. You know one of the top Point Guards in the league. Had about a week that I worked with him when he was at Kentucky. He knows my cousin so, we brought out when he was in school. Great player.

2. Speaking of College, you had a great run back in ’97, were there any players that you either played with or against that didn’t develop into solid NBA players that you thought would?

Bibby: Umm. Not that I can think of right now. I mean there is still a lot of people, well a few people that was in college at the same time as me and came in the same draft. So there is still a few of us left and we’re just hanging in there.

3. What was your thoughts on Sacramento keeping the Kings in town?

Bibby: It’s good. I’m happy for the city and the Maloofs. I think it’s good for the city to just keep it going. It’s a great basketball town and it would be sad to see them leave.

4. Less than 2 weeks to the Trade Deadline, you’ve been a part of a lot of these. Does it change the feeling in the locker room? Is there more tension?

Bibby: It depends. You just want to… some guys want to get traded, some guys don’t want to get traded. It’s a buisness. What ever happens happens. But when you’re still on that team, you got to play for that team.

5. With Baron [Davis] back and Jeremy [Lin] you aren’t getting a lot of minutes. What do you do to stay ready?

Bibby: I get my work outs in still. Get the treatment that needs to be done and just keep going.


-Keefe

No comments: