Thursday, March 29, 2012

5 Questions With Derrick Favors








I talked with Utah 2nd year big man Derrick Favors prior to the Celtics-Jazz game on Wednesday night at the TD Garden. Here is what the Georgia Tech product and 3rd overall pick in the 2010 draft, who is averaging 8.7 points and 5.9 rebounds had to say.



1. You guys have one of the best benches in the league (5th in bench scoring), is that something you take a lot of pride in?



Favors: Yeah it is. As one of the players coming of the bench, I think that when Al and Paul and other starters come out the game it’s up to us to keep the tempo going and to try to provide a spark for whenever the starters come back in.



2. It’s a great playoff race out West, I think you’re as close to moving up to the 4 seed as you are from potentially missing the playoffs all together. Are you a guy who checks other scores and is always looking at the standings?



Favors: I’m not. I’m pretty sure some of the other players are, but I’m not. I’m just coming out playing.



3. Is it starting to feel like a playoff atmosphere as the year winds down?



Favors: Yeah definitely out in the West. We are all fighting for the playoff spots, so it’s getting crazy out there.



4. You’ve been pretty dominant at home (19-6) but have struggled on the road (8-17), any reason you can think of for that?



Favors: I mean you win some you lose some. We just got to go out there and keep fighting, trying to improve our road record.



5. How do you think you’ve grown as a player here early in your career, and has it helped playing with Paul [Millsap] and Al [Jefferson]?



Favors: Yeah I mean just being patient in the post, and just how to approach the game, and being ready to play every night.






-Keefe

No comments: