Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Keefe's 1st Round NFL Mock Draft

This is how I would draft at each spot, not my guess of where guys will go. 

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Leonard Williams, DT, USC
I read somewhere that Williams is "unblockable."  That seems pretty good.  Unfair, really.  How do you pass that up?  Also I don't love the QBs (they'll probably take Winston).

2. Tennessee Titans - Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
Remember "The Freak?"  Kearse was awesome for the Titans, and they'll have their choice of top pass rushers at #2.  Gregory is not the biggest dude in the world but he gets after the QBs and gets after them hard.  Real hard.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa
Boring and brilliant.  That's how you describe taking the best offensive lineman in the draft.

4. Oakland Raiders - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
This is another sick wideout class.  Is it Beckham, Benjamin, Watkins, Cooks, Evans, Matthews, Landry, Adams, etc.?  Let's not get nuts, but it's good, and I slightly like White the most.

5. Washington Redskins - Dante Fowler, Jr., DE/OLB, Florida
Another beast of a pass rusher.  Skins are done with Brian Orakpo (I assume)..."Hey, it's All-Pro LB Brian Orakpo!"  Settle down.  Fowler also ran his 40 with a gold watch on, so he means BUSINESS.

6. New York Jets - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
I've said before I don't like any of the QBs in this draft, but that seems narrow minded.  Someone has to take a QB and if I'm the Jets you got to do something.  If Winston is there, take him.  Don't let him near women or crab shacks for 8-9 years and you should be set.

7. Chicago Bears - Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
I was pissed Ray didn't run at the combine.  I love the combine!  Imagine this guy in spandex?  Go ahead, I'll wait...

8. Atlanta Falcons - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
Best corner is also the fastest corner??? Sold.

9. New York Giants - Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson
Speaking of combine, you see this guy?  Fastest D-Lineman AND most reps on the bench.  He was molded out of stone by Zeus himself.  Can he play?  I'm sorry, I'm too busy admiring his physique.

10. St. Louis Rams - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
I'm sure the Rams would hope that Waynes drops to 10, if not scoop up Peters. (The next best CB according to The Sports Brief.)

11. Minnesota Vikings - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
The Vikes and AP are having a pissing match.  If the "Father of the Year" is gone Minnesota might want to take the best back in the draft.  Jerick McKinnon is good, but Gordon could be great.  Jamaal Charles comps anyone?  Although I wonder if that's cause they 1.) have dreads 2.) team wears red 3.) #25.  Did I just blow your mind?

12. Cleveland Browns - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Cooper AND Josh Gordon???  (What's that?  Really?  Again?  Oh.)  Well... Cooper is a nice player.  Alabama threw to him literally every time.  It was like a video game and Cooper was your "create-a-player."  Throw to someone else Blake Sims!  One time!

13. New Orleans Saints - Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
The Mayor of Sacramento, one of the most underrated point guards in NBA history shares a name with this player.

14. Miami Dolphins - La'el Collins, OL, LSU
It's a Bully Free Zone now in Miami, but they still need lineman.  Best "La'el" in the draft.

15. San Francisco 49ers - Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
I like this big fella.  Lot of Haloti Ngata comparisons.  Sweet upper chest tattoos as well you should check out.

16. Houston Texans - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri
Odell Beckham.  David Beckham.  Dorial Green-Beckham.  I may change my name, or just tag it on the end like Dorial.  Rich Keefe-Beckham.  Feels good.  DGB is like Megatron with a love for weed.

17. San Diego Chargers - Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
A mountain of a man.  Not as exciting as High Megatron but an important part of the defense.

18. Kansas City Chiefs - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
Another badass receiver: 6'3, 209 with a 4.45 40.  Don't know if you heard but the Chiefs DID NOT throw a TD to a WR last year.  I hope they draft one here, of course it'll still be Alex Smith (not) throwing to them.

19. Cleveland Browns (from Bills) - Bud Dupree, DE, Kentucky
Bud!  This guys 4.56 in the 40.  42 inch vertical.  11'6 in the broad.  I'm going to assume he can play, but if not you'd want him on your "Field Day" team.

20. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
I know he'll probably go higher, maybe Chip Kelly will trade up and get him.  I don't think Mariota will be a good NFL QB, but if he goes to Philly he should be at least ok.  Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez had their moments in this offense.  Plus his interviews were reportedly, "AMAZING."

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Landon Collins, S, Alabama
Bama players have been a mixed bag.  For awhile they all (on defense) kinda sucked.  But Dont'a Hightower is real good now.  Marcel Dareus, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, C.J. Mosley, etc. are good now.  Collins is highest rated safety, but when I watched him this year I wasn't impressed.  I know this is my mock draft, I'm still conflicted.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaq Thompson, LB/S/RB, Washington
LOVE this guy.  Drafted by the Red Sox.  Played RB, S, and LB at Washington.  Weird, Patriots could use a RB, a S, and a LB.  Of course it would be the Steelers to "steel" (hilarious) him away from New England.  Pitt drafts well.  Also, we will now get an influx of "Shaqs" in the world, sadly we are only a few years away from a bunch of "LeBrons."

23. Detroit Lions - P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
His FSU teammate Ronald Darby is faster, so you'd think I'd like him more, but truth is Williams is better.  He could be the #2 CB taken after Waynes.  Eye of the beholder scenario in play.

24. Arizona Cardinals - Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon
His brother was Patriot great Armond Armstead.  (Ok, he was useless.)  The Ducks are known for their offense but they've had some sneaky good d-players.  Dion Jordan, Kiko Alonso, Patrick Chung 2.0 and now Armstead.

25. Carolina Panthers - T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
Big, Raw, and hopefully coachable.  Exactly how I've been described, off the field... if you follow.  It also applies to Clemmings... on the field.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
Torn ACL in November.  He should be fine.  Amazing how far medicine has come.  LB Alivn Mack from The Program tore his ACL and we never heard from him again.  Sad.  Gurley is sick though.  Fast as all get out.  Don't see him falling out of Round 1.

27. Dallas Cowboys - Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
What's up with that second "X."  Take it to the MAXX!  I don't know.  How long can Jason Witten play?  I also don't know, but it can't be forever.  Weak TE class, Maxx is the best it offers.

28. Denver Broncos - Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma
What could I say about Jordan Phillips that hasn't been said already?

29. Indianapolis Colts - Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State
You think there was a fight over what to name Benardrick?  "I like Benard."  "Well, I like Rick."  "Should we blend them together?"  "Obviously, let's do that."  Benardrick.  I kinda like it.  Richardrick Keefe-Beckham.  Here I come.

30. Green Bay Packers - Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami
I like Paul Dawson (who might be like Vontaze Burflict following his combine performance) but with Perryman on the board and a LB need, take the Hurricane here.  I did hear that he came to the combine a little fat and doesn't want to lose weight.  Who does?

31. Seattle Seahawks - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
Jonathan Martin gave all Stanford lineman a bad name.  It's now up to Andrus Peat to prove that not all Cardinal OL are guys who will be bullied.  Good luck with a name like Andrus Peat.   He should try this: Andrusrick Peat-Beckham.  Bullying problem solved.

32. New England Patriots - Ali Marpet, OL, Hobart
I know what you're thinking, "Seems high."  Well, hear me out.  Belichick usually goes away from what's expected in the draft and what's more unexpected than a D3 lineman?  Some of the guys who I think would be a real good fit for New England (Shaq Thompson) I assume will be gone, so grab a guy who fills a need.  Marpet could slot in at guard right away, replace Dan Connolley and go straight to the Hall of Fame.


Non 1st Rounders I Like:
  • Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State
  • Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
  • Paul Dawson, LB, TCU
  • Duke Johnson, RB, Miami
  • Braylon Heard, RB, Kentucky
  • Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
  • Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
  • Bryce Hager, LB, Baylor

No comments: