Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BJal's Lock du Jour - Wednesday, October 7

You know it's funny, when BJal texted me the other day about doing this lock du jour, his original text told me he was taking Troy (-6). I knew nothing about either one of the teams, but one thing I did know is that you never bet against Brad Pitt. So I was a little stunned when he texted me back claiming he misspoke (or mistexted) and that he wanted MTSU (+6). Perhaps that was actually the mistext, or maybe he thought MTSU was getting 60 points and forgot the zero, I dunno. But regardless, Troy ran for 264 and at one point led 24-0 in the 3rd quarter on its way to an embarrassing 31-7 romp. Woops.

So after watching an incredible game between the Twins and Tigers last night, BJal will try and redeem himself and get back on the right track. Personally, my lock of the century is the Yankees absolutely cremating the Twins. In New York. Today. After the Twins ripped through their bullpen in a 12-inning game. Last night. And partied. Celebrating clinching the division. Hangovers.

But that's just me. Instead, he's taking NH native Chris Carpenter and the St. Louis Cardinals over Randy Wolf and the LA Dodgers. Fair enough. And by the way, this should actually be a great series. Two of the top managers in the league in Tony Larussa and Joe Torre squaring off. Manny and Pujols. The Matts, Kemp and Holliday. Adam Wainright, Ryan Franklin's goatee. So much to enjoy about this series.

BJal's Lock du Jour: Cardinals over Dodgers
Overall record: 0-1

-Bess

1 comment:

BJal said...

the reason i decided to take the cardinals tonite is because of the odds...i will never take a baseball team that isn't less than -150 because that would be too obvious as a lock...therefor, i went with the tough decision