Monday, October 19, 2009

BJal's Lock du Jour - Monday, October 18

Today was my first day back at work after battling strep throat all of last week. What a grind that was. I wish strep upon no one, it is absolutely horrendous. I can't get on here and post shit during the day because my client, which is where I work, is real strict about websites and what not. Apparently I can sit on ESPN.com and visit every MMA website in the world, but it's illegal to go on Facebook or update my stupid blog. So BJal didn't text me his lock until I was already halfway down 495 this morning and at that point, there was no chance of me getting it up in time.

He's going with tonight's Monday Night Football game tonight between the Chargers and Broncos, taking the under on a line of 44 points. Not sure if you're following, but it's already 20-17 San Diego. I'd say he's screwed. I'm not sure what's worse, BJal at picking games or the special teams play in this one. In the first half alone Eddie Royal has returned a kickoff and a punt for a TD and Darren Sproles took a punt return to the house. Seriously, is it that hard to cover this stuff?

By the way, everyone will point to Girardi taking out Robertson and putting in Aceves as a huge managerial gaffe tonight, but what about when Scioscia blatantly outcoached him in the 8th? Posada was up and Gardner had been inserted as a pinch runner at first. Scioscia called a pitchout and they hosed him at second. Next pitch, Posada goes yahtzee to tie the game at four, except it should have been a 5-4 Yankees lead and eventually a 3-0 series lead. Woops.

BJal's Lock du Jour: Under 44 points - Chargers/Broncos MNF game
Overall: 4-8

P.S. Great pick yesterday taking the Titans, buddy. I really thought you had em there in the 2nd quarter.

-Bess

No comments: