Monday, October 5, 2009

BJal's Lock du Jour

So I was driving home today when I got a text from my buddy BJal. Some of you may recognize his name, as he's contributed to TSB before. I'll preface this by saying that BJal has what some may call a gambling problem, but we choose to call a passion for betting on sports. He'll bet on an obscure soccer game at 1pm just because it'll be on ESPN2 while he's at work. You can't make this stuff up, but it makes for a good story.

Which leads me back to the text from BJal today. He asked if he could post a daily "Lock of the Day". I actually liked the idea for a couple reasons. First off, it gives him something to do. Second, it allows me to track his gambling success rate. And thrice, it gives you, the readers, more material to read and enjoy. I talked with Keefe and we both said yea, what the hell we'll do it.



And thus, much like a restaurant serves up a "World's best cup of coffee" or "Award winning clam chowder", we'll try and pawn off his addiction as a legitimate daily betting tip.



Starting tonight, you will be treated to a daily (or more or less daily) segment called BJal's Lock du Jour. We'll track his record every day as he gambles on one pick per night, any sport, any game. And in typical BJal fashion, he's opening up with a real douzy...this more or less sums up who the guy is. Tomorrow night on ESPN2 we'll be treated to a riveting college football game between Troy and Middle Tennessee State. I know nothing about these teams except what I just looked up: both teams are 1-0 in Sun Belt Conference play; MTSU (3-1) lost its opener at Clemson 37-14 but stunned Maryland 32-31 a couple weeks ago; Troy is a very uninteresting football team.

That being said, BJal's inaugural Lock du Jour is Middle Tennessee State (+6). Let's see if he can start out on a good note. Enjoy the game and hopefully this segment.

-Bess

No comments: