Monday, October 26, 2009

BJal's Lock du Suck - Monday, October 26

I didn't get this up before the game, and I apologize for that, but BJal texted me on my way home from work today with his pick. Here's his text, word for word...

"I have been picking opposites...I'm going with Washington tonight..."

That's awesome. I referenced in a post yesterday that he would be better off picking opposite of what he really thought. Apparently he got so bad, and in such a rut that he was doing exactly that...and still losing. As my buddy Kevin's dad once told him during a rough patch, it gets so bad "you can't even pick your nose." That statement pretty much sums up where BJal is right now. If he flipped a coin with heads on both sides and called heads, it would be tails.

To sum up tonight's game, Washington still sucks and so does BJal at picking games. I checked the line on Bodog, they were getting 9 points. So close, yet so far. The best part is the over/under was 38.5. For those of you that put your mortgage on the under, you know all too well that a Jason Campbell TD pass with less than 2 minutes left, in a 27-10 game and clearly garbage time, made it a 27-17 and...wait for it...brought the point total to...44!!! You have to love it, unless of course you bet the under.

Anyway, we'll continue to throw our support behind BJal because well, if we don't, he'll have nothing except the distant memory of no-hitting me and Kevin's legendary All-Star team back in Little League. Even though we crushed his team in the loser's bracket a day later and went on to the win the title, the fact that he no-hit our team was one of the greatest athletic accomplishments in the history of the world. It was unheard of during those days, and impossible feat, a dream that he made a reality. Hopefully by mentioning this it boosts his morale and helps get him back on the winning track.

I wonder if he'll pick another opposite tomorrow...

-Bess

No comments: