Saturday, October 10, 2009

BJal's Lock du Jour - Saturday, October 10

Welp, I guess sometimes people just get lucky. That's my only reaction after seeing Nevada paste Louisiana Tech 37-14. I honestly started to wonder if BJal would get a lock of the day right, and by god he's done it. To quote the immortal Joe Castiglione, "Can you believe it?!?!"

So today he looks to make it two in a row, and he's going with Virginia Tech (-13.5) hosting Boston College. Last night I told him I thought this game had upset written all over it, I was half in the bag and now I've had a chance to sleep it off, gather my sober thoughts and clearly assess what I think will happen. This game is probably going to be an absolute blowout. B.C. lost to a pedestrian Clemson team 25-7 on the road a few weeks ago, and they struggled at home against very mediocre ACC teams in Wake Forest and Florida State. I don't even know if B.C. will manage to score. This could be a shutout.

In other news, the Red Sox suck and the Yankees will win the World Series. My buddy Kevin put it best last night while we were watching the game...if A-Rod is going to go and do stuff like he did last night - hitting a 700ft moonshot off Joe Nathan in the 9th inning to tie a playoff game - there's no way the Yankees don't win the World Series. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if they just rolled through the rest of the postseason undefeated. This team is scary good, and when one of the best hitters in baseball, with a track record of failing in the postseason, decides to heat up...wow.

Jimmy the Greek will have his Week 5 NFL picks for you by tomorrow morning, so call you bookie and let him know to be on call. Also, I'll be posting postseason awards in the next few days. We had a healthy arguement last night about who should win the AL MVP. I completely disagree with the rest of the world, who thinks Joe Mauer is the easy, sexy pick. So for my awards, I'll break it down by who will win and who I think should win.

-Bess

No comments: